Halo 5: Guardians is an upcoming first-person shooter video game. Halo 5 is a part of the Halo franchise and the game is being published by Microsoft Studios and developed by 343 Industries. Halo 5 is the sequel of Halo 4.
Initially scheduled to launch in 2014, 343 Industries pushed the release date back to 2015. Publisher Microsoft and 343 Industries declared that the “Halo 5: Guardians” will be released on 27th of October, 2015.
Halo 5 release date: October 27, 2015
Unlike the previous Halo games, the co-op mode appears to put players in control of distinctive characters on the squad instead of a bunch of Chief clones. The gameplay of Halo 5 looks a lot like Halo. 343 Industries did an awesome job with the campaign in Halo 4 and it would appear that the developers’ first effort at a game that takes the primary focus off of Chief could still capture the look and feel of the famous franchise.
The exact plot of the game is unknown, it’s only known to developers. We find out it probably after full walkthrough of the game.
Some of the gameplay highlights are:
- Players will be able to select between two unique squads
- One squad led by Chief and one by Locke
- Seamless drop-in and drop-out co-op gameplay
- New Promethean enemies
- Brand new Covenant weapon
In addition to some of the classic weapons, we also see some unique power ups. The trailer covers a montage of moments that highlights both brand new gameplay and cinematic moments.
Here is the full list of the weapons will be available in the game:
- BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle
- Hydra MLRS
- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
- M45D Tactical Shotgun
- M6H2 PDWS
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
- M739 Light Machine Gun
- Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920
- Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Matériel
- Unidentified Rocket Launcher Model
- Unidentified Spartan Laser Variant
- Unidentified Submachine Gun Model
- Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword
- Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol
- Type-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced
- Type-51 Carbine
- Type-33 Light Anti-Armor Weapon
- Plasma Caster
- Type-33 Guided Munitions Launcher
- Z-250 Directed Energy Engagement Weapon
- Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon
- Z-110 Directed Energy Pistol/Exotic
- Splinter turret
- Prophets’ Bane
- M41 Surface-to-Surface Rocket Medium Anti-Vehicle/Assault Weapon
- Kelly’s Shotgun
- Linda’s Sniper Rifle
- M6D Magnum (Unconfirmed)
“Halo 5: Guardians” is looking at an enhanced storytelling if recent marketing campaigns and updates are to be believed. 343 Industries uncovered a video for Halo 5 Guardians that follows the making of the game.
343 Industries highlighted a fascinating positioning for the characters for Halo 5: Guardians. Both teams are quite distinctive from each other. While the Master Chief is leading the same team he has known for a long time, Locke on the other hand is leading another team that has equality as its banner. The experience and the way these elements will play out add additional insight to the game.
343 Industries has now given a reason behind why the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition only offers a download code rather than a physical plate.
The Limited Collector’s Edition costs $250 which is exceptionally expensive. Numerous individuals thought at that cost, a physical copy of the game would be included. But, you will only be getting the digital version.