FTL: Faster than Light is a real time strategy video game developed by Subset Games. In this game you play as the captain of a spacecraft who needs to protect the Federation from the Rebellion. Faster than Light Advanced Edition adds a hard mode to the game.
The easiest way for acquiring cheats for FTL is the use of a Trainer. There are many trainers available for FTL, providing various cheats like Unlimited Hull Health, Infinite Drone Parts, Unlimited Scraps, Infinite Missiles, FTL Drive Charge, Infinite Fuel, etc.
A second way to play Faster than Light with cheats is by using Cheat Engine. Using the Cheat Engine is a bit trickier than a Trainer, but not impossible if you’re willing to do it.
Mods are fan-made alterations to games which make the games look and act different than the original. For FTL, there are number of mods available.
Some popular mods are:
- FTL Captain’s Edition
- Extended Pursuit Indicator
- Descent into Darkness
- Better Planet and Backgrounds
FTL Captain’s Edition
In this mod, you’ll discover a new FTL experience. Use dozens of new weapons and face different new enemy classes. Make choices in new events and follow new quest.
Extended Pursuit Indicator
This collection of mods allows users to include more or less 24 levels to the Rebel pursuit indicator on the map screen, allowing you to determine how far the fleet will progress after a certain amount of jumps.
Descent into Darkness
Descent into Darkness is a complete mod for FTL. In this mod, you are given a barebones ship hull and pick your crew, augments, starting gear and everything at the start.
Better Planet and Backgrounds
This mod replaces the majority of the current planets and backgrounds and includes a lot more.
Also read about XCOM 2 gameplay
• CPU: Pentium 4 2.0GHz/Athlon XP 1600+
• GPU: DX 9 GeForce G 100/Radeon HD 3300
• RAM: 1 GB
• OS: Win Xp 32
• Space: 175 MB
- Generally, if your ship is close to the exit beacon and the rebel fleet is a substantial time away, you should explore nearby areas to pick up weapons, scrap, crew, missiles, drone parts, fuel, etc.
- Minimizing damage lets you live and also saves scrap on repairs.
- Always repair all of your systems and heal your crew before jump.
- Upgrade your Medbay to level 2 as soon as possible.
- Use bombs and missiles sparingly, to kill a shield system.
- Focus fire on critical targets first.
One of the coolest things about FTL is its soundtrack. The soundtrack of the game was created by Ben Prunty and was released on Bandcamp.
A list of soundtrack of the game is given below:
- Space Cruise
- (Bonus) Federation
- (Bonus) Horror